Maureen H. Lowery, M.D.
- Internal Medicine
- Cardiology-Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- National Board of Echocardiography Certification (NBE)
- Medical Director, Noninvasive Cardiovascular Laboratory @ UMHC/SCCC
- Medical Director, Non-invasive Diagnostic Laboratory, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Professor of Clinical Medicine
Estrogen and heart disease, new technologies for diagnosis of heart disease
Saint Louis University, MO
School of Medicine
Internal Medicine - Jackson Memorial Hospital, University of Miami-affiliated medical education prog
Jackson Memorial Hospital, University of Miami - Affiliated Medical Education Program
Areas of Specialization
- Heart disease in women
- Heart disease in pregnancy
Maureen H. Lowery, M.D., is professor of clinical medicine at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, and medical director of the Cardiovascular Non-Invasive Diagnostic Laboratories at the University of Miami Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center. She received her undergraduate and graduate degrees from St. Louis University, and she trained in internal medicine and cardiovascular disease at University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital.
Dr. Lowery has lectured on heart disease in women for more than a decade. She directs the cardiovascular education program for Miller School of Medicine medical students. She has special skills in echocardiography including tissue Doppler, resynchronization therapy, and 3-D echo.