Patients and Visitors
Welcome to University of Miami Hospital, the flagship hospital of UHealth -- University of Miami Health System, conveniently located near the heart of downtown Miami on the University of Miami’s Miller School of Medicine campus.
As part of UHealth, University of Miami Hospital provides patients with the latest advances in patient care, powered by the research of the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine.
Our highly-trained staff of physicians, nurses, employees, and volunteers proudly provide the highest level of care to patients from around the world. This dedication to excellence is reflected by the many unique patient services available and in the numerous outreach and education programs the hospital provides throughout Miami-Dade County. We consider ourselves more than a hospital, we consider ourselves vital members of our community.
Our patients are our top priority. If there is anything we can do for you, please feel free to call our Consumer Relations Department any time by dialing extension 25943.
Your Administrative Team
University of Miami Hospital: Our Brief History
- In 1961, Cedars of Lebanon was founded, a 100-bed facility now known as the West building.
- In 1974, the East, South, and North buildings were constructed. The North building is now Jackson Towers.
- In 1993, Cedars of Lebanon merged with Victoria Hospital and the new hospital became known as Cedars Medical Center.
- In December, 2007, Cedars Medical Center was purchased by the University of Miami and renamed University of Miami Hospital.
- Today, University of Miami Hospital is a fully accredited 560-bed facility, with all private rooms, state-of-the-art
technology, and a caring and dedicated staff comprised of approximately 1,500 employees and
more than 1,000 physicians.
- Physicians from the Miller School of Medicine and community physicians work side by side at University of Miami Hospital, providing patients with world-class health care in specialty areas including:
- Bariatric Surgery Center (weight-loss)
- Breast Care Center
- Cardiac Services (medical and surgical) Elaine and Sydney Sussman Cardiac Catheterization Laboratories
Emergency Room (24 hours)
- Gastrointestinal Center
- Gynecology/Women’s Services
- Hospitalist Service (24/7 inpatient care)
- Hyperbaric Medicine
- Infertility Center
- International Medicine
- Minimally Invasive Robotic Surgery (Urology, Gynecology/Oncology, Cardiovascular)
Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Orthopedics – Joint Center
- Otolaryngology (ENT)
- Outpatient Rehabilitation Services
- Pain Management Center
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Progressive Care Unit (step-down)
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Radiation Oncology
- Sports Medicine Program (clinic and ambulatory surgery)
- Vascular Surgery
- Wound Healing Center