Patients and Visitors Services
Who Are We?
Patient & Visitor Service Representatives are committed to University of Miami Hospital and Clinics’ mission of providing high quality services consistent with the needs and philosophies of our customers. To this end, we establish good public relations for the hospital and reinforce an environment of caring, genuine concern, and a desire to fulfill the needs and exceed the expectations of all our patients and their family members – all while exhibiting a positive image that promotes the highest standards.
What Do We Do?
- We are the liaisons between patients and/or relatives, physicians, administration and other hospital personnel.
- We are available Monday-Friday, during regular business hours; evenings and weekends we can be reached via pager to ensure patient satisfaction.
- We provide a mechanism through which patients can voice complaints/grievances without the fear of being subjected to coercion, discrimination, reprisals, and compromised or interrupted care.
- We appreciate and welcome patients and/or family members contacting Patient & Visitor Services to comment on our overall services or to identify areas that need our attention as we strive for service excellence.
- We address the cultural diversity, spiritual beliefs and psychosocial needs of our patients by providing services for the disabled/challenged, auxiliary aids, pastoral and interpreter’s services.
- We ensure that the patients’ rights and responsibilities are respected.
- We assist the hospital’s staff address any ethical issue a patient may encounter.
PATIENT E-MAIL SERVICES: If you need to send an e-mail to a patient admitted to the Hospital, simply write to: HeretoHelp@med.miami.edu and your message will be delivered to his/her room.
University of Miami Hospital and Clinics does not discriminate or restrict visitation on the basis of basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, religion, culture, language, physical or mental disability, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, or veteran status.
If you have a complaint or grievance, please contact the patient representative at 305-689-5943 or email HeretoHelp@med.miami.edu to allow us to assist you. If you feel that we were unable to resolve your complaint you may contact either of the agencies listed below.
Agency for Healthcare Administration
Consumer Assistance Unit
2727 Mahan Drive/Bldg.1
Tallahassee, FL 32308
The Joint Commission Office of Quality Monitoring
One Renaissance Boulevard
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
UHealth Patient and Visitor Services
For all medical emergencies: DIAL 911
UHealth Patient and Visitor Services is your source for help and support regarding your patient experience. Please contact our office if you need assistance in locating services, or if you have a question, concern or a suggestion about any aspect of the care you receive. Our goal is to make the entire UHealth experience as exceptional as our medical care.
Office Hours: 8 am – 5 pm, Monday through Friday
A UHealth Representative will email or call you during the next business day to address any messages left outside of regular business hours.
If you have specific questions related to services at any UHealth hospital, billing issues, appointments, international patients or privacy, you may call the following teams directly:
|ABLEH/ Bascom Palmer Patient & Visitor Services||305-243-4357|
|UMH Patient & Visitor Services||305-689-5943|
|UMHC/Sylvester Patient & Visitor Services||305-243-3820|
|UHealth Privacy Office||305-243-5000|