EAR, NOSE & THROAT (OTOLARYNGOLOGY)
Otolaryngology is the branch of medicine dealing with the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the ear, nose and throat. As interrelated parts of your upper respiratory system, when one part has an infection the others may feel it, too.
Nearly 50 percent of all doctor office visits in the U.S. are to otolaryngologists—also known as ENT doctors or ENTs. Otolaryngologists often treat children with persistent ear, nose, and throat conditions, and adult patients for sinus infections, age-related hearing loss, and cancers of the head and neck.
As part of UHealth—University of Miami Health System, University of Miami Hospital is home to an Otolaryngology service that’s been ranked by U.S. News & World Report as the best in the state for the treatment of ENT disorders, and one of the top specialty programs in the country.
UHealth is also home to the University of Miami Ear Institute, one of the nation’s premier centers for the treatment of a variety of hearing, balance and communication disorders.
ENT Services at University of Miami Hospital:
- Otology/ Neurotology
- Cochlear implants
- Audiology & Hearing Evaluations
- Vestibular & Balance Evaluations
- Pediatric ENT
- Endoscopic & Skull Base Surgery Program
- Facial Plastics & Reconstructive Surgery
- Sinus, Allergy, and Asthma Program
- Voice and Swallowing Program
- Comprehensive Sleep Medicine Program
- Head and Neck Cancer and Robotics Program