Radiology is a medical specialty that uses imaging to both diagnose and treat disease.
At University of Miami Hospital, some of the country’s leading radiologists employ a sophisticated array of imaging technologies such as X-ray radiography, ultrasound, computed tomography (CT), nuclear medicine, positron emission tomography (PET), and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
Patients at the Hospital benefit from traditional diagnostic imaging as well as the latest innovations in interventional radiology now being used to treat patients non-operatively. In addition, Hospital radiologists are constantly researching and refining processes to provide patients with the highest quality diagnostic imaging services available anywhere.
Radiology Services at University of Miami Hospital:
- CT – contrast and non-contrast studies, including cardiac exams
- MRI – contrast and non-contrast studies, including cardiac exams
- Diagnostic x-ray: general radiography including hysterosalpingograms, esophograms, and bone density imaging
- Interventional Radiology – Embolizatin, Paracentesis, Thoracentesis, Catheter Check
- Ultrasound – general, GYN, MSK, and Vascular