Gastrointestinal disorders—even relatively minor ones such as Heartburn, Constipation, or Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease—can affect your quality of life in many ways.
Patients with GI disorders of any type can find the most extensive and advanced diagnostic and treatments available today at the Gastrointestinal Center at University of Miami Hospital.
Our nationally and internationally recognized physicians specialize in Esophageal Disorders, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, GI Cancer, Pancreaticobiliary Diseases, Obscure GI Bleeding, Small Bowel Diseases, and Motility Disorders as well as general GI and advanced endoscopic therapies.
Fully equipped with the latest technology, the GI Center at University of Miami Hospital performs approximately 5,500 procedures per year, many of which are done without the need for traditional surgery. Endoscopes—small flexible fiber-optic tubes equipped with miniature video cameras and micro instruments—allow for minimally invasive procedures to diagnose and treat most GI conditions.
• Upper Endoscopy including Variceal Banding
• Small Bowel Endoscopy (Single Balloon and Spiral Enteroscopy)
• Colonoscopy including Polypectomy
• Colon Decompression
• Capsule Endoscopy
• Foreign Body Removal
• Endoscopic Ultrasound and Fine Needle Aspiration
• Advanced Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
• Stone Extraction/Lithotripsy
• Biliary Stent Placement
• Control of GI Bleeding
• Endomucosal Resections
• Injection Therapy / Sclerotherapy
• Argon Plasma Coagulation
• Esophageal Dilations
• Esophageal Stenting
• Botox Injections/Pneumatic Dilatation for Achalasia
• Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
• PEG-PEJ Placement
• Laparoscopy with Liver biopsy
• Percutaneous Liver Biopsy